Friday, February 6, 2009

Changes

I am in a crowd,

I talk to every soul,

I laugh and crack jokes.

I seem to be good,

But then…who knows?

I meet a new person,

I like that new person.

I start loving that new person.

I spend a beautiful time with him

And then, he goes away…

I meet another one,

History repeats itself.

The new person leaves memorable moments

Also gives me a new one…

I go to a new place,

I like the new place,

I start loving the new place.

I spend hours there

And then I find a new place.

I find an interest,

Like it, love it.

Forget about it.

My definition of fun changes.

Detachment,

Absurd feeling,

Something that no one will ever understand

Surround me,

Trap me,

Take me away,

To my new destination.

I look back,

I see where I was.

Think why it happened,

That was the thing I cared for most

And now I don’t know why I even turned for once.

I loved that thing,

I could spend my whole life there.

It was my world.

Well, I rule the galaxy

And my world changes…

Changes…

I love changes,

The only thing that I love,

The only thing that always remained with me.

Fake promises,

“We’ll always be friends…”

“This is our home.”

“This is something you’ll enjoy forever.”

Lies,

Ruined dreams.

A new dream comes,

Why?

Where am I today?

Where was I?

How have I become?

Who are those people?

Did I ever know them?

Was he the person I loved?

Was she my best friend?

What has stayed?

I wanted to move on,

I wanted to be emotionless,

I wanted to enjoy life,

I wanted nothing to stop me from fun...

Fun…

What is fun?

What was it for me?

Little things,

Time with people I cared about…

‘Care’

Do I care?

Do these things affect me as they did?

Did they ever affect me?

Friendship and love

last forever.

Bullshit

The only thing that lasts is

‘Changes’

Everyone goes away,

Life goes away,

But changes…

They remain forever.

I am in a crowd,

I talk to every soul,

I laugh and crack jokes

But I am still alone

And I have to be alone.


4 comments:

  1. what a beautiful yet sorrowful realisation..
    its like u looked in a mirror for the hundredth time, yet saw something that u never saw before..

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow madhvi, that's brilliant. I loved every line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. at 16, i was a nutcase.
    and u had the sense of a 21. thumbs up :)

    ReplyDelete